Jose M. Herrera, Esq.
Mr. Herrera is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida and the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle District of Florida. Mr. Herrera represents clients in civil and criminal trial and appellate matters, as well as governmental and administrative matters and proceedings, with particular expertise in constitutional and regulatory aspects of governmental affairs. His primary focus is complex civil and criminal matters, from pre-trial through the appellate phase in both State and Federal courts. Mr. Herrera has extensive experience in all aspects of administrative and regulatory proceedings, and trial and appellate matters, having handled numerous administrative proceedings and judicial trials from inception to conclusion, and through the appeals process when necessary.
Mr. Herrera counsels and represents individuals, corporations, professional associations, and governmental entities, in all aspects of civil, criminal, and administrative matters and proceedings.
Mr. Herrera regularly advises, counsels, and represents elected and public officials and governmental entities. Mr. Herrera serves on the City Attorney's Advisory Committee for the Miami-Dade County League of Cities.
Since June 1995, Mr. Herrera has served as City Attorney and Police Legal Advisor for the Village of Virginia Gardens, Florida. Prior to the Village of Virginia Gardens, he represented, the following governmental entities:
- City of Hialeah Gardens, Florida: City Attorney and Police Legal Advisor, March 1995, through March 1996.
- City of Sweetwater, Florida: Interim City Attorney June through August 1993; Special Counsel to the Mayor, September 1993 through May 1999, Code Enforcement Hearing Officer. September 1993 through May 1999
- City of Opa-locka, Florida: Special Counsel to the City of OpaLocka and the City Manager’s Office: 1994-1995.
- J.D., Cum Laude, University or Miami School of Law, 1986
- B.S., Nova Southeastern University, 1980
- A.A.., Miami-Dade Community College, 1977
Jose-Trelles Herrera, Esq.
Mr. Herrera is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida and the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle District of Florida. Mr. Herrera represents clients in civil and criminal matters, as well as governmental and administrative matters and proceedings. Mr. Herrera earned his Juris Doctor from Barry University School of Law in 2014. While in law school, Mr. Herrera was honored with the Book Award in Products Liability and was recognized for his volunteer service as a site coordinator and volunteer trainer for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program and United Way of Central Florida. He also served as a certified legal intern at the Osceola County Attorney's Office where he gained extensive experience in governmental and land use law.
Mr. Herrera attended the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University where he earned an MBA. Mr. Herrera holds a B.S. in Political Science and Certificates in Public Administration and Emergency Management from Florida State University.
- J.D., Barry University School of Law, 2014
- MBA, Nova Southeastern University, 2010
- B.S., Florida State University, 2007